Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:50 PM   #1

I went to Busch Gardens Tampa last weekend, and here's a sampling of the shots I got with my FZ10. I really love taking pictures there of the animals because you can catch them in more or less natural settings without spending the bucks to go to Africa. And with the zoom and OIS you can get some real stunning shots.

Here's a Lioness I got just before she started her nap. She was about 40 feet from me.

This tiger had licked something on a tree trunk behind him that must've tasted terrible. The funny thing was he kept going back to it and licking it over and over again with the same results. For this picture I was about 75 feet from him. I also did a little cropping to the picture.

The last shot here of the gorilla was very difficult because it was taken at dusk. He was about 30 yards away. And I was very happy to have OIS, because this was a 1/8 sec shot.
Dliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:51 PM   #2

Nice pics. #2 is my favorite. Great timing on that one
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 4:12 AM   #3

It's nice (for both us and them) to see these animals in a setting more natural than offered by most zoos. All three are nice captures - the second is my fave also, perhaps due to the teeth showing. :lol:
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 2:37 AM   #4

love the shots...is it just me or do tigers look a lot more majestic than lions? its something I have noticed ever since i started paying attention to photography. We should reassign the title "king of the jungle" :lol:

lets take a vote...hehe

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 3:50 PM   #5

Wow! Thanks for sharing. They are very nice! bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote