Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:03 PM   #11

Am so happy she is alive Bob
I hope she will be fine later.
Very Best wishes.

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:04 PM   #12

slick2 wrote:
That 3rd picture (of the driver's side) sure doesn't look so great to me. That roof has collapsed right over the driver's head it appears. I believe it was God and not Volvo that saved your daughter is this wreck.
Or maybe a combo of both.. Though the drivers seat looks like it was spared.. Had she been further forward, it might be a different story.. I'll add my statement of relief that your daughter and friends weren't hurt too badly.. She had to be traveling a pretty good clip and not paying attention to roll that car, several times. Everyone has a first accident, let's hope she learned from hers..

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:15 PM   #13

Bob, I am extremely glad your daughter and her friends weren't hurt. I have two teenagers driving now, plus on twenty one year old ( who was just in a pretty bad accident himself a couple of months ago). I think I will show your pics to my kids.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:26 PM   #14

Baobc Luck is always the factor, apart from Volvo's good build features.

Let's hope your daugther did realize that.

Very glad she and you did not have to suffer for more serious injuries: this kind of things are a good, although not just free, way to learn and to remember how dangerous streets and cars are.

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:45 PM   #15

Thank you all for your kind words. In a way it's a releaf that she will not be driving for a year, but I still worry about her in other peoples cars.

The car is in my name and will probably be total'd by the insurance company which is actaully better because I have GAP coverage, so the loan will be paid off in full.

If only these kids would think. I guess they have to learn the hard way like we did.

I just thank God that they are ok.

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:46 PM   #16

Glad to see and hear that everyone walked away safely. The car looks seriously bad. The good thing about Volvo's has always been that they always put safety of the driver and passengers first.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:41 PM   #17

Thank goodness your daughter and her friendswere not injured.I'm so sorry that your family had to gothrought that awlful experience.After seeingthe car hearing of the accident,I must say that your daughter was very blessed.Thank God!I used to worry when my teenage children were driving....all four of them.....After myyoungest child graduated from college, he decided he wanted to be a fireman/ paramedic. He's seen alot of wrecks....andit has changed him.I still worry.........I hope that you family gets back to "normal" real soon. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:04 AM   #18

Amazing luck no one was badly injured. Best wishes to all involved.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:28 PM   #19

My sympathy to the car. My joy to know that everyone was OK.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:36 PM   #20

The incident is unfortunate but the end result is awesome beyond words. I have lost two people very close to me in car accidents in which neither accident was their fault.

Unfortunate set of circumstances was due to a drunk driver and the other a victim to "Black Ice" formed on a bridge and losing control to an oncoming vehicle.

Some lessons we never have a chance again to learn from. Hopefully, this wake upcall will give her the appreciation of how to remain vigil in awareness in driving a car.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote