Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 19, 2005, 5:01 PM   #1

This Kenko VC-200PRO 2x Hi-Res Telephoto Conversion Lens converter seems like fairly high quality. It is a full 2x conversion. I am interested in whether it would be able to be used on a Panasonic FZ20 or similar camera.
Philip66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:24 PM   #2

It is a 49mm mount that the description says is a snap / thread mount . Just my guess but I bet it will not work with the FZ cameras.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:03 PM   #3

If you're looking for a decent inexpensive teleconverter, try the Oly C210. $40 on eBay, 1.9X. You'll need a step down ring, and the lens vignettes up till 12X-14X (digital)but it ain't bad for the money.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:33 AM   #4

I talked to a Sports Information Director (Photographer) at a local college this weekend about his setup. He had an older model Nikon D1H and a 300 mm telephoto lens. I asked if that was enough to get closeup shots and he said no. He added a 1.5 conversion lens between the camera and the lens. I asked why he did not use a 2.0 and he said it significanlty degrades the picture. The most he will ever use is a 1.5.

Does this also apply to an add-on teleconversion lens? The better light gathering and quality lenses are said to be the Panasonic DMW-LTZ10 and the Tcon-14B. Both of these are in the 1.5 range.Anyone have any idea?
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote