Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:27 PM   #1

Hello from a newbie photographer. I love my new FZ5! I can't stop taking pictures!

I have taken so many but they take so long to upoad to smugmug... am I saving them too big inside the camera and if so, how do I change that?

I also think I would like to buy a wideangle lens since I'd like to capture more in particularly the 12X mode - can someone recommend a nice lens for that?

The pictures, found on http://coll.smugmug.com/are taken right out of the camera, no post processing and mostly taken on 'P' mode since I am a newbie. It was a very bright and sunny day and I didn't take the tulip lens with me so some of them are overexposed. Overall, I think there's some good ones in there and I couldn't be happier with the camera.

Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:06 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new camera! If its anything like the FZ20, i can understand why you're happy with it! Sure it has a few faults here and there, but what cam doesnt? But like has been said so many times on here, what you're getting for the price is well beyond any other I've seen.

I like your shots. I recognise some of the places from when i was over in the states. Boston is a gorgeous place, and i really hope to go back there soon. Keep shooting and posting and having fun with your new cam!
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:49 PM   #3

Your shots are a little over exposed. Try setting the exposure compensation to -1/3ev. Another way of reducing overexposure is to lock focus/exposure on a brightly lit spot like a white shirt or brighly sunlighted area the same distance from the camera lens. Going to the edge of where it is dark/light and locking fous there with a half shutter press and then reframing the shot the way you want it and completing the shutter release. It takes practice. With this camera practice means alot of fun. Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy!

As to a wide angle lens, look for the olympus wcon 08e. It has 55mm threads so would fit on the fz5 adapter. The wcon 08 works nicely with the fz series. Make sure you get the e model (not d or b) since it has the 55mm threads.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 5:07 PM   #4

nice pics, my friends and i frequently visit the common on nice days
trevp316 is offline   Reply With Quote