Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 9, 2005, 3:16 PM   #11

I was concerned too about the compatibility when checked the Digipower reference chart. However the 2 Pana `20 owners both told me that it allstill works fine for them. I`m going by the UPS depot to pick up my DPS900, and Vivitar DF200 flash unit, tomorrow. I`ll be trying out the combination this weekend and I`ll be sure to let you know how it all goes. Still, it`ll be "your call" on the spare battery choice. Have fun, JH :G
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 3:54 PM   #12

you can get replacement/spare batteries in the original DMW-BM7 configuration, up to 800mAh. I have two spares rated at 750mAh which I got on ebay for $16 each, and they work perfectly. I can get between 175 and 225 shots per charge, depending on how i use the camera. if i'm planning on a long day's shooting, i take a spare battery and memory card with me, and leave the third battery charging at home.
Squirl033, don't know how you do it--I just spent a week at Long Beach (the Vancouver Island one), and each day I drained my 850mAh generic ebay batteryin 100 shots or so. The originalPana 680 mAh battery was only half drained with the same use. And I'm trying to saveenergy by setting camera to spot AF mode, spot metering, continuous AF off, Mode 2 OIS, auto review off,etc., and I use EVF almost exclusively (including review). I also speed up the startup by holding the zoom lever if I want zoom shots (saves the lens fromopening all the way to wide angle then having tozoom back out).

Anyways, I don't have confidence that I'll ever be able to get 200+ shots out of a charge, even the Pana.
pmjwright is offline   Reply With Quote