Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 18, 2005, 5:06 PM   #1

I''ve been looking for advice before buying a wide angle converter lens. I'veread several theads describing experiences with lenses that are either 55mm threaded or require step-down rings.I've read Fmoore's modification to use the Raynox DCR-6600 (and other 52mm lenses) while avoiding the step-down ring.

Has anybody tried the Raynox SRW-6600, which has 58mm threads, plus a 55-58mm step-up ring? How is it for image quality, soft corners, and vignetting on a FZ5?

I'm asking this because for me, it's the simplest thing to do. I already have a 55-58mm ring from my film camera, so all I would need to do is buy the lens--no extra purchase, no hacksawing.

pmjwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2005, 5:19 PM   #2

The srw6600 is going to need a step ring and that is to be avoided like the plague. The 52mmdcr6600 anda hacksaw is the only way to wa nirvana. You can get an extra fz5 adapter for $14 and the rt5264p for $16.Add another $10 for shipping and it'sa small price to pay for freedom.

Modification at http://www.ishots.net/fz5/modified_fz5_adapter.htm
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 8:28 PM   #3

I have it on my FZ10, I put a post up a few days ago.

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote