Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 24, 2005, 3:01 PM   #11

Nice shots Tree Plus it gave lovelife a chance to ramble on:?
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 4:58 PM   #12

LoveLife wrote:
I believe my DCR6600 setup produces less vignetting.
Marginally less. More signficantly (perhaps?) you're setup vignetts on the right side vs trees left. What is the setup? It doesn't improve the fz10's ability to zoom through without increased distortion at the corners. Somehow the fz5 lens is able zoom through with the dcr6600 with generally good results. Any idea why?

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 4:15 AM   #13

LoveLife wrote:
My favorite shot is the monorail. The lens adds a mild level of distortion and what makes the picture work.

BTW, what zoom setting were used?

I just completed a study of the most popular lenses used on the FZ10, 15 and 20 cameras. I set up two galleries that show scenes at progressive magnifications using all the lenses. I believe my DCR6600 setup produces less vignetting. Do you agree?[/size]
The monorail photo is a bit of a cliché as a similar image always appears on postcards etc so I dont really like it but I wanted to give it a try. Zoom is not possible with the srw lens the distortion is severe and the images look really bad. I was surprised that the lens does vignette but im sure that if I had a 58mm adaptor (I dont want to buy one from you lovelife) then it would be fine.

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote