Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2005, 10:57 AM   #1

I got a chance yesterday to get up close to some bicycle road racing action. There was an international grand prix criterium race on the streets of Victoria, BC where I live. Shots where taken on an FZ10 mostly with the panning setting with high speed burst mode. The coarse is a 900m loop around Victoria's historic Bastion Square. The speeds of the pro men reach 65 km/h. Rider 73 in the oranage Kona jersey, that is in many of the shots, is Victoria native Roland Green. Roland Green is a 2-time (2001-2002) cross country mountain bike world champion,2001 cross country mountain bike world cup series champion and former team mate of Lance Armstrong on the US Postal Service team. Comments welcome.

DunlopKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 1:23 PM   #2

Great shots!

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm more of a MTB'er than roadie, but I certainly appreciate the shots!

I got a pic of Roland, too, last weekend at Bromont for the Canada Cup MTB race. He double-flatted and then DNF'd.

And, here's Wedge:

And, Premont:

Ride Hard,

Mike B.

onespeed is offline   Reply With Quote