Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2005, 10:24 PM   #11

some VERY nice shots there! that pic of Fat Albert (the Angels C-130 support plane) taking off under JATO assist is great ! i've seen that performance, it truly is amazing to watch that big, lumbering Herc just"jump" off the runway and climb at such a steep angle.. normally, those things climb about as fast as a Cessna 172! you captured it very well!

very nice shot of the Angels formation, too... nice and tight, good angle. good shot in spite of the weather! i can see i'm gonna have to take my FZ20to an airshow sometime this summer... if it gets pics like those, it'll be well worth it!

i worked onA-6's and P-3's myself while i was in the navy, so i have something of a soft spot for some of the older planes. i'dreally like to see some flight demos of the older jets... the F-101s (i did see those numerous times, 409 Squadron out ofComox, BC, used to flythem at airshows here), F-104's, A-4's andmaybe even some of the F-5 "Aggressor" aircraft - those would make some killer photos... for that matter, the old WWIIwarbirds would be great to capture as well. yep, that does it... i definitely gotta get to an airshowsometime this year...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 10:49 PM   #12

Dang, you can almost see the faces of the pilots in the F-16 and the Sabre jet! Great captures!
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 11:01 PM   #13

That third shot reminds me of a "Wings" show that profiled the C-130. Can you believe that the Navy actually put a hook on one, landed it on a carrier, and launched it using JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off)! This experiment was done only once, but the JATO has been used all over the world for short field take off.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote