Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:52 AM   #1

Before I go through the trouble of installing the software that came with my FZ15, I wnated to get everyone's thoughts.

Is it any good?

Any alternatives?

I currently use software that came with my Nikon, and I like it, but thought since I upgraded my camera, I might want to upgrade my software
varn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2005, 11:02 AM   #2

I don't think there's much difference betwen the freebie software that different camera manufactures include. If you're comfortable with using the Nikon software, then you should probably keep using it with your FZ15. However, you might want to try to install the Panasonic software and give it a try. You might find out that there are some features about it that you really prefer. YOu can use them both fro awhile and decide which one you prefer. At a later date, you can easily uninstall the one that you don't use.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:55 AM   #3

I installed itfor my new FZ5, last week but found it fairly clunky, to the point of uninstalling it and instead trialling Ulead PhotoExplorer 8.5 (which is both faster and more elegant)
nancye is offline   Reply With Quote