Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 17, 2005, 3:55 AM   #31

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:37 AM   #32

Jake D wrote:
Thanks for the Adorama tip squirl. I was wondering how you submit pics, do you mail in a cd or upload?
i live on the other side of the country, so mailing a CD would take way too long. their website has a very good upload tool, and they offer options as to how you want the image cropped (off the ends, or top & bottom), if it doesn't exactly match the paper size. you can print pretty much whatever size you want up to 18x12 (including some 'odd' sizes like 8.5x11 and 'square' images), on matte or glossy paper, and prices are pretty good. my 11x14 cost me $4.99 plus $3.95 s&h... the cheapest i found locally was almost $25 for a print that size! and they're fast. i uploaded my file on the 15th, and got an email from them yesterday, the 16th, confirming my order had been shipped. here's a link to the site...

you'll need to create an account and log in to use it, but that's fast and easy, and the whole process from creating an account to uploading and ordering prints took me less than10 minutes.

i'll let you know how the print comes out when i get it back. 11x14 is about the max size i'd print from my FZ20, both for reasons of pixel count (~175x180ppi at that size) and space constraints on my wall. i could upsize the image, i suppose, and make even larger prints, but i want to see just how good a print i can get at that size with just the pixels that come out of the camera...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote