Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:41 AM   #11

ascaria wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was telling him Nick. I searched for your post in this forum and I was planning on buying a FZ10/20, but I just love the IR cappabilities and size of the FZ1, besides I don't print bigger than 8X10. So, I'm improving the capabilities of my trusty FZ1v2 that I have to admit falls short indors. I am lookinf for this flas and maybe a diffuser, but compare the 68 dollars to the $8!!! wow what a deal...
Why thank you, I'm flattered (Goldar = Nick Trop at work). Yes, it is lacking indoors. We're on the same page with the FZ-1v2. The FZ1 FAQ posted as a "sticky" thread at the top of this forum gives you all you need to know. Very worthwhile read, if you haven't read it already.
Goldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:41 AM   #12

Considering the cost as it is now I still find it a valuable addition to the chameleon camera (FZ1v2). I bought it straight away based on what NickTrop (Goldar) had posted and the results of the shots he took with it.

That is truly a deal wombat for any flash that does the job. This slave flash does it all.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 8:02 PM   #13

At the stage of purchasing the Vivitar I hadn't read anything about slave flashes, and wasn't sure if the flash would be compatible. Only after reading Nics review (I Use all Nics reviews as a starting point, thanks Nick for some insightful and very helpful reviews.) did I realise I missed out on a great opportunity. Mind you as I left, my arms where loaded with photo albums, tripods, Camera bags, an underwater camera ECT ECT.
By the end I spent $50 AU and walked away with just under $500 worth of gear.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote