Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:53 PM   #11

Thanks again for the reply. I am not in a rush, with three kids I don't get aloy of time to tinker. i will take you up on your offer when I get started.
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:47 PM   #12

I have been making the same sort of a rig, but with a slight change - I bought a Payee wired remote for close in use, and to get the small plug. I opened it and found that they are using the same sort of resistors in it. I am going to bring 3 wires out of the Payee and run them to the RF receiver shutter and focus relays via a 1/8" stereo headphone extension cable set. This way I can use it either way. The receiver seems to like to run on 12volts which should make it easy to provide it with plenty of amp hours. Also I can use the resistors in the Payee and not have to dig out 3 more. I'll also be glad to answer email questions on the topic. Tom
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:31 PM   #13

I found the 4 conductor plug from a cell phone ear piece adapter [hands free],at a Dollar store. Resistors and switches from my junk box. I run the remote on a 9 volt transistor battery. Housed it in a spice box from my wile's kitchen.
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote