Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:33 AM   #1

I've had this one in my head for abouta week now and I finally got around to it tonight. I "harvested" this branch from my (landlady's) shrubs out front here and put it up against my dark closet, and I used a mist bottle for the dew effect. The light is indirect from a fluorescent lamp on the outside edge of the closet. I took some flash shots too but I didn't like them very much compared to this.

Edit: this was with my FZ3 with a 4t on the front of it

F/8 @ 8 seconds and ISO 80

jrh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:04 AM   #2

thanks for sharing! If you feel like experimenting some more, you can try the same setup and use the onboard flash at the lowest power setting to bring some sparkle in the drops of water.

Adrian Dusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 6:08 AM   #3

Aww, I was all pysched to see a reply too... :?

Edit: Oops, when I looked at this reply above here this morning, no text came up, it was just blank...lol
jrh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:25 AM   #4

ahh, the glisten of droplets on the broad, green leaves of English Laurel... i like it! of course, we all knowi like pictures of plants and flowers against a black backdrop... heh, heh... a little more sparkle in the droplets wouldn't have hurt, but you have to be real careful, especially indoors, that your flash doesn't wash out the image or create 'hot spots'. i find for such purposes that folding a piece of printer paper over the on-board flash, holding in place with a rubber band, makes an effective (and inexpensive) diffuser that reduces the brilliance of the flash and evens out the light on the subject.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote