Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:52 PM   #11

The FZ30 looks very promising. If I hadn't already bought two new cameras within the space of a few months, I would be interested. But my FZ20 is only a few months old, and it will continue to serve my needs for some time.

Meanwhile, my other recent acquisition, a Fuji F10, is changing the way I think about digital cameras. I've always wanted to shoot available light, but until recently it simply wasn't possible without a DSLR. That's no longer the case.

As far as I'm concerned, Panasonic (and other manufacturers) had better be prepared to develop their own technology for high ISO sensors, or they'll have to license it from Fuji. I don't think I'll be willing to buy any more cameras that aren't capable of delivering a reasonably clean image at ISO 800 or higher.

Maybe, as someone has suggested, by the time the FZ40 is introduced, Panasonic will have mastered this aspect of digital imaging technology. If so, I'll probably stand in line to buy it. But the FZ30, as good as it is, just doesn't move me.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote