Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:33 PM   #1

As usual I inserted a a card and formatted it in FZ20 and the last approx 50 images file numbers are the same as the last batch from yesterday. Looked in manual and cannot find any reference to changing file numbers mid stream. I always copy protect the stored images and when I wanter to add the images to sequential file it asked if I wanted to replace the write protected files. Then I knew I had a problem.

Has any one had duplicate file names? What caused it? I did not reset the file numbers as per manual page 26. Did not remember reading this until this problem.

I keep images in folders on my internal hard disk by dates taken>>> 05-07-25 for today. This doesn't pick up duplicated files as the duplicates were yesterday and today that are in different files. I have an external Hard disk that I have theoriginal unedited files in sequential order. Thus when I tried to write today's new fileswith duplicate numbers as yesterday's Windows XP issued a warning that I was about to overwriteyesterday's write protected filesthat had the same numbers.

stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links