Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:35 PM   #21

No there is no image stabilisation lenses for the Pentax.

The Canon does and so does Nikon. VERY PRICEY$$$$

The Minolta KM series does but in the camera itself.

I only posted since some members asked for some examples. I did not intend to nor will I try to shoot a comparison between cameras and post since it was not my intent to compare. Just to share. I have posted FZXX shots and IR shots as well.

From this point on I will only post Pana shots in this forum.

I did not intend to try and downplay the FZXX at all. Just share what my choice of DSLR is capable of.

I enjoy this forum above all others and I have seen Canon 20D shots posted here by a FZXX user as well.

I love my FZXX don't get me wrong.

Happy Shooting All!!

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 2:28 AM   #22

nznhut wrote:

The obligatory flower picture. None are Photoshoped or tweaked whatsoever, other than slight cropping.
This shot and the others show just how a DSLR differs from an FZXX
Its the focus on the main subject that stands out in relief whilst the background recedes in a beautiful soft way.

Lovely shots
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:45 AM   #23

sad to say my fz30 will be leaving me shortly for the *ist DL. i simply couldn't pass up a dslr for $366.00 after the $100 rebate that pentax is offering, even with the kit lens! not that i've posted here often, but it's been a pleasure reading! i tried the camera out at a local big box store (doesn't both me to stiff the big boxes!) and i cannot wait to the my hands on the pentax. that, and 40 years of backwards lens compatibility are what sold me!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:05 AM   #24

well i jumped ship last week (see the previous post here) for the pentax ist DL for $366 after rebate; now willoughbys has the same kit for $289.99 after rebate - i can never get the best deal! by the way, it is a very very nice camera - i liked the fz30 alot, but i love the dslr so far...and you can get pentax lenses cheap (www.keh.com) - i got a 80-210 tamron (the used pentax ones run $20-30 more) f4-f5.6 (will actually be 120 - 315 after sensor conversion) for $43 at that website, in like new condition.

maybe with canon and nikon it costs a ton for extra lenses because their backwards compatibility isn't as far reaching as pentax' (and i know there ARE pentax ones that are hundreds to thousands), but 'the cost of extra lenses to get the equivalent zoom of the fz series camera' argument i always read around here really is a myth - and i read the reviews of the cheaper lenses here and on dpreview and they perform very well.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote