Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:46 AM   #1

Ladies/Gents, I have a Fz10, phahee adapter with Nikon 6t. I cannot get sharp focus beyond 3x usingnikon 6t and I am within 12" range of my object. (I tried manual, AF, and P andASM modes)I understood you could focus throughout the 12x telephoto.What am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
fzFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2005, 6:36 AM   #2

Try using spot focus , the leica lens is very sensitive , post some shots along with the exif data so we can see what the camera is trying to focus on
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 7:17 AM   #3

I find I very often can not do that , thatI need to set the camera on manual and move the camera to achieve focus. Closer to or Further away
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 10:52 AM   #4

fzFox wrote:
I am within 12" range of my object.
Not just within 12" but at higher zooms its very close to being exactly 12". You want lots of light. Practice on a fixed object like coins or jewelry. Focuswith a shutter half-press at 3x from 12" and then (release the half-press and slowly increase the zoom. If you lose focus, hold the half-press and move the camera physically slightly closer or further from the subject to obtain focus. Use the evf rather than the lcd to give the camera more stablity. Good light, practice and patience and you will get it. Have fun, and welcome to the forum!

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote