Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:50 PM   #1

took my daughter and a couple of her friends camping this weekend, at a campground not too far fromMt. Rainier. i left my FZ at home, but took my little LC43 along. never realized how the FZ has spoiled me for anything less! anyway, i did get some shots that convey the feeling of the area we were in...

this is where i had my tent...

and here's the kids' spot, a few yards away... a lot ofthe trees are over 150 feet tall, many over 200 years old...

the sun streaming through the branches yesterday morning...

here's what the forest here looked like 300 years ago... untouched by human hands...

this Douglas firis estimated to be over 700 years old. it's 235 feet high, and over 9 feet thick at the base. there are furrows a foot deep just in the bark!

places like this are one reason i like this state... :G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:19 AM   #2

Now you've done it! You just inspired me to go caping. It's been a while.

BTW, all the pics are nice, but #4 is a killer. I :love:it.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:48 PM   #3

Looks like your camping trip was wonderful!!! It seemed to be a peaceful location. How nice....I especially like pictures 3 and 4. It is so beautiful to see the forest untouched. When I was tracing some of my genealogical roots here in Florida, I located a cemetary where my family was buried in the middle ofsome woods.....It was hard to get to...the locals in that area told me to be careful for snakes:?...and it's beyond me how my pioneer family made it through some of the thick underbrush and palmettos with the tools that they had back then. Your area is so different and so beautiful. I can see why you like that state. Thanks for sharing. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 3:02 PM   #4

w0w nice photos....looks like a good time too me:G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:41 PM   #5

If I could find somewhere around here that looked like that, I would be camping in a heart beat....as long as there was running water and a shower near by.:G

Ride16 (www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote