Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:19 PM   #1

Hi All, I'm going to a nature reserve tomorrow and there's a large lake there with many bird's on it, I visited it last week and took many photo's but they all seemed a little off, It was a sunny day and there was a lot of glare from the water,I don't have a polerising filter yet "1 on the way" I have a lens hood and any advice on taking better photo's would be much appreciated.

Many thank's In advance Tony

PS there are many large tree's casting shadow's around the edge of the lake and over hanging in part's.
Tony 275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2005, 3:28 PM   #2

I visited a fair-sized local duck pond last weekend and took some pics with my new FZ20 - check the pics out here. I wanted to give the long zoom & OIS a workout - most of these pictures were taken at maximum zoom. I'm pleased with the results.

It was a perfectly sunny day, with some sections of the pond in full sunlight, other sections in heavy shade, still others in dappled light. I didn't use a polarising filter however the lens hood was attached to the camera. I avoided areas where there was any sun glare bouncing off the water's surface -- in fact I tried to keep the sun behind me as much as possible.

Why did your pics seem off -- were there exposure problems? Did you have your FZ20 in Program AE Mode, or another? Image stabilisation on/off? Mode 1 or Mode 2?
DougG is offline   Reply With Quote