Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:15 PM   #1

:sad::sad::sad:After using my Lumix DMC-FZ3 for a few months, it stopped working. When I turned it on NOTHING happened. I was told to send it to the Warranty Service Center in Illinois (I'm in Florida). They received my camera on July 6[suP]th[/suP]. When I called I was told the part needed to fix it was on back order. Today, 2 very long months later, my camera was returned. Guess what?!! It still does not work. I cannot turn it on (and yes the battery is working). According to the invoice the pc board, jack door, and rear operation unit were replaced. This "repair" cost me $102.50 because the paltry 90 day labor warranty had run out. I had to pay the money up front, that is, before they had any idea of how long it would take to repair my camera. I am frustrated and angry with Panasonic. I needed to vent before I attempt to deal with them again.
bevcat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:32 AM   #2

that just downright stinks.

My fz15 is on the fritz now (random lockups)and I am in the parts only portion of my warranty. maybe that panasonic extended warranty is the way to go. I don't have any idea what it costs but its apparent the labor prices at the service center are fairly high.
kjo43 is offline   Reply With Quote