Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:57 AM   #1

I have been using the FZ-20 for quite some time now and I am loving it. I have ordered some accessories for it like adapters and cables. I also need a good macro lens. I obviously went for the 6T, but it is a bit too expensive for me right now.

As an alternative, I am getting Kenko +2,+3, and +4 diopter macro lenses. My question is, are these any good? I am getting them quite cheap, so it won't be a problem for me to but the set and then later on buy the 6T, or maybe two so I can stack them.

What I want to know is if the Kenko are REALLY bad. I know they don't come close to the 6T, but if they are ok then I will buy them for the time being. Are there any other better macro lenses besides Kenko??
ignitef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:28 PM   #2

The kenkos should be ok to learn with and gain some experience. Any of the close-up lens sets are single element lens and will generally give good focus at the center with increasing softness towards the edges. The dual element achromatics such as the nikon 6t 'flatten' the image to give sharp focus to the edges. Eventually you will want to go that route and, having had the kenkos, you will appreciate the 6t that much more. Macros are a lot of fun. Enjoy!
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 5:50 PM   #3

save the money and wait until you can purchase the first 6T

I recommend to take also a second one for greater magnification.

They are not expensive at all, and maybe are even undervalued
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote