Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 12, 2005, 8:38 AM   #1

May FZ10 will no longer power up.* My husband thinks it might be the charger, he is going to check that out, but I think there is something wrong with the camera.* I am looking for a* place to repair it.* All local establishments do not do Panasonic, too hard to get parts they tell me.* Several online remarks indicate I am not alone.* Anyone have suggestions?Thanks !
seagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:26 AM   #2

Since we do not know where you are from ..I would suggest you go to the panasonic site an get the name of the service company they reccomend.

In the USA it bigston

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:05 PM   #3

All the DSC repairs are done at this centralized location.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:05 PM   #4

Hey! Since we are talking about FZ10 repairs, what (if anything) do you think I should do about the following problems my FZ10 has developed (after 20000+ photos):

- a small piece of fluff in the lens assembly, apparently directly behind the first piece of glass. I have been unable to detect any effect on resulting images though.

- occasional problem with the zoom, which seems to be due to some wear in the zoom lever (you have to wiggle it a bit to correct it). Sometimes I miss a shot due to the delay.

- rusty screws: all screws that have contact with my hands in normal operation are now rusty. I assume the camera won't fall apart, but I'm wondering if I should do anything about it. When/if I get the FZ30 I intend to coat each screw head with nail polish to protect them.

I'm in Australia, so I'm hoping there's some place closer than New Jersey that fixes Panasonic cameras!
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote