Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:12 AM   #21

This is my first shot at posting here. I bought my FZ30 about a week ago and am very impressed with it. 55-52mm step down with nikon T4 close-up lens. Straight out of the camera, no croping or processing. no visable vingetting at any focal range. Not really sharp mostly due to old fart taking picts. Really,really love this camera. P.S. I've been using Nikon SLR's for about forty years. Reposted the picture, I forgot to unsharp mask it after I shrunk it.
Attached Images
DAS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:50 AM   #22

hitmanx wrote:
squirl033 said:
the 5T and 6T, as you know, are 62mm, but the 3T andn 4T are the same lenses in 52mm size. you might find a 55-52mm step down to be a preferable choice to the 10mm step up required for the 5 or 6T.
Okay! I am finally getting an FZ30!! I can hardly wait!!

Anyways, why is it preferable to step down to a 3t or 4t? For cost reasons or does it do something better for macro shots (ie less vin or edge blur)?

haven't used the 3T/4T, but to my knowledge there is no difference in optical quality between the 52mm and 62mm sizes. the smaller ones are cheaper, though; the 4T is $37 US at B&H Photo; i bought my 6T from them for about $50.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote