Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:53 AM   #1

I have read a lot about Sunpak 383 in this and other website. Problem is I don't have Sunpak 383, but I have Sunpak 888 AFZ for Nikon. Can I use this model in my FZ20?

In fact I have tried it out that day, but when I clicked on the shutter release, the flash could hardly shoot......only a fraction of light was being released. I was using a set of new batteries by the way.

I read somewhere in this website that there might be something to do with the FZ20's ISO setting. Someone mentioned that if we used a non-Panasonic external flash, we have to manually set the ISO to 100, since the FZ20 is not able to automatically reset the settings. Is this true.

I dare not to try it on my camera for now, fearing that it may damage its internal circuits. Please advice. Thanks in advance.
tanmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:34 PM   #2

Sorry, I don't know this specific flash, however the only way to damage the internal circuits of your camera is using a flash with trigger voltage higher than 24 vols.

To know the trigger voltage of your flash, you can use a voltmeter and measure DC Voltage between the two terminals of your flash when it is ready to fire.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote