Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:22 AM   #1

As it seems my post was delete i resuem the story.

After 3 weeks my newFZ30 suddenly stopped working. It seems a battery was the reason (i was no more able to charge it buteven good batteries were unable to power on the FZ30 after the problem). 14 november I sent the FZ30 to Atelier photo Cine MS an entreprise in Paris (France) which repairs thePanasonic cams.

The cam was back this afternoon 1st december 2005.

Well i am really unhappy.

1) the cam was sent by post without protection and i found it dancing inside a small paperboard box...:?A book sent by Amazon is more secured. And the box wasn t well closed and the inside... wet!

2) the charger (99$ item) was not sent back and i just phone to ask for it. It means i am unable to test well the repair result.

3)A battery was let inside the cam what Panasonic doesn t advice to do for sending!

All i see on the repair message is :" open for repair and controle of electronic and functions control."

More news when i ll be able to test all. All i see at this time is that all my config of the cam is gone. I hope the repair is more serious that their packaging and how they able to read an hardware listing.

PS : excus eme for my poor english. I just hope it can help some readers, especially because Panasonic has othe repair centers in France.

mage813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:56 PM   #2

wow... sounds like you were screwed from all sides

Are you sure you sent it to a registered repair facility? I'm sorry but this story makes me cringe... I work in retail and the amount of packaging that is so readily availble is mind boggling!!! You'd think they'd be able to find something, even a bunch of candy wrappers that those lazy f*%@'s were inveloping during break time...

If a repair facility ever sent me my $1000 camera back like that i'd be sending them a letter bomb (of course full of confettie and cute stuffed animals )...

I hope you can figure this horrendous series of events out!

hitmanx is offline   Reply With Quote