Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 10, 2005, 2:54 AM   #1

I am a new owner of a FZ20 and am looking for different accessories that will improve my camera or protect it. It will mainly be used for outdoor shots of wildlife. I am huge into hunting and fishing and am planning on taking it along on these. What kind of accessories will help protect it from the elements? I am thinking about an adapter and a UV filter that i can keep on at all times, LCD protector, a hard case. Is there anything else? Any suggestions on quality brands will help to. Thanks
pluckem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2005, 12:41 PM   #2

The first thing I bought was a UV filter the second thing I found out is that I should have looked for a 72mm lens cap as well :roll:. Next on my list is another battery. I allready have several different cases depending on what I plan to take with meso thats not on my list. Also you need a tripod, I have a mini and a full size depending on what Im planning on doing.

If you go fishing depending on the boat you may want a waterproof gear bag theyre indispensible if theres a chance you can flip the boat or knock it out. But it wont protect it out of the bag. And use a strap of some sort at all times. Im only familiar with the redneck method of protecting your camera from splashes :lol:Im sure someone else can help in this department for a more professional look.
mnosbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 7:01 PM   #3

One of my first purchases was the Raynox RT5246P adapter, which stays on at all times (with a 52mm skylight filter attached it will virtually waterproof and dustproof your lens) -- it's well made, looks part of the camera and doesn't cost much.

I chose this one because I already had quite a stock of 52mm filters and other bits that just screwed straight on -- there are several other adapters on the market.

Now also have a Nikon 4T close-up filter, Raynox DCR-6600Pro wide angle extension lens(excellent device!) and Raynox DCR-1540Pro 1.5X tele extender (haven't used this one much as yet, so can't comment on its results) all of which screw straight onto the Raynox adapter.

I also picked up an extra pair of batteries (cheap on Ebay -- work just as well as the Panasonics) and a brace of 512MB SD cards.

Whether you also add external flash and tripod will depend upon what you do -- they're nice to have, but all those extras add to the handicap and tend to be left home...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 7:26 PM   #4

See my FZ-10 user guide for more details in adapters and lenses. The FZ-10 and FZ-20 use the same set of lens accessories.

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700, Panasonic FZ-10 and Canon A95 User Guides

shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:36 AM   #5

Thanks guys, that helps me out quite a bit. Keep it coming if there are any other experiences.
pluckem is offline   Reply With Quote