Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 14, 2005, 10:23 PM   #11

Very nice, restful garden. You caught the peaceful shadoweness ( if that's a word ) of the gardens very well. :|Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:19 PM   #12

Narmer wrote:

Nice place and veryinteresting photos.

About #1 did you make PP?

Green is so abundant and nearly perfect in that: attractive color.
FZ20 would throw in much yellow insuch a color condition.
The only lack is thePF in the leafs on the trees: never experienced it so evidently with my FZ20.

Francesco for posting to Zoto I always use PS CS2 and always the shadow/highlight feature BUT I do darken the shadows because the default is not to my taste too open For my likning easy to adjust in the slider anyways.

For #1 I also used USM and boosted contrast a wee bit then I always resize to 800 X 600 and post to Zoto.

Its a very Beautiful garden and the contrast ratio then was pretty wide
I mostly bracket +- 1/3 and set the FZ30 to -1/3 EV default
All shots were with full screen average metering

WB was on Auto

I think the FZ30 is pretty good, its the zoom thats superb so easy to use with the index finger and well lots of other good things ...

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:24 PM   #13

mtngal wrote:
Got home, looked atthese on my own monitor - what a difference! These are really good shots, all of them. I take back my question, though it did get me to compare, and appreciate my flat panel monitor at home.
mtngal Monitor sure has a bearing I normally use a 19" Sony trinitron and an LCD laptop I do see differences between the two I mostly use the CRT which tends to be less contrasty.
Certainly the monitor will play a part in the look of the image someone has edited in PP
one should really use a calibrated monitor, most people seem to like my images so I guess I am not far off

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:09 AM   #14

Boyzo, really like those pictures. As a Sandgroper really envy the gardens you can produce in Victoria (not your footballers of course - Go Eagles!)

Notice you use - 1/3 EV default...A previous query on this forum - although with FZ20 produced conflicting theories, the majority going for +1/3...I guess bracketing is the answer
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:05 AM   #15

Boyzo, to you and all the FZ30 owners I cannot but wish great fun with your FZ30 jewel.

Next year we, 1year FZ20 owners, will smile with a new FZ40, and you will have to wait for FZ50.... :-)
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote