Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 14, 2005, 8:08 AM   #1

When using the FZ20 and external Flash the viewfinder is too dark to see the subject. I have tried manual mode and shutter speed. I am shooting in a low ligt gym with a sunpak 383. f2.8 and 200 shutter. As soon as the subject is in focus the screen goes too dark to follow the subject. Any help on this would be great.
RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2005, 9:29 AM   #2

This is one of the biggest inconvenients of the FZ-15/20, now solved on FZ-30. My suggestion is using a Red Dot Sigth for following the subject once you have focused.

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 9:31 AM   #3

You have found the worst part of an otherwise great camera, Panasonic did somewhat address this in the FZ30 but they still could have done better even then.

One thing to try, it may or maynot help depending on the light.

Set the camera either on aperture priority F2.8 or program mode and use the exposure compensation to increase the shutter speed...minus one will give you a 1/125sec shutter speed and can help with the viewfinder.

Try it maybe it will help you, but as I say Panasonic goofed on that.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 5:22 PM   #4

How was that solved in the FZ30? I am still getting a dark screen when setting the camera manually for the external flash.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote