Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:03 AM   #11

A dpreview member has mounted an rds on the the horizontal axis of the fz5 using a flash rail type setupattached tothe tripod hole. That looks relatively easy. I had assumed the rds shouldbe placed on the vertical axis for best results but apparently a horizontal orientation will work just as well. See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=16558993
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 9:52 AM   #12

Thanks Fred-

I hadn't seen the post before. Actually, I had considered this approach since the tripod mounting threads where already there. That's what took me so long at Lowes - looking for something that would be close to functional to mount there; L-brackets, flat bar stock etc. In the end, the 2" coupler seemed to be the easiest and most straight forward. The taper sanding was a pain but in the end it does the job.

A side mounted sight will work just as well and would be less challeging for the shade tree hobbiest, I suppose.

For me, it feel more 'normal' to have the sight above the EVF/lens. Now I just have to find time from bad weather/work schedules to put it to use! And to learn how being near-sighted and the Daisy's silvered lens can work together...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote