Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:31 PM   #1

Came across this url on the leica forum:

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2006, 1:22 PM   #2

Thanks for the link. That is an intriguing article.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 9:15 PM   #3

An excellent article indeed ! I have not been very active in this forum as of late for this very reason. I have been bitten by the Range Finder bug myself ! These are really fine photographic instruments. Used by some of the best fine art photographers in the world.
I have gone to the same place as our beloved Nick Trop. I'm shooting film and then scanning the negatives into my Mac and process in Photoshop. The best of both worlds
Yes, Lecia is among the best Range Finders, but there are many fine former Soviet Union copies and also Japanese RF's that can be had for very a reasonable cost. I have picked up three of them on evilbay for around $100.00 usd. My Yashica Lynx 14 has an f1.4 lens that has seven elements in five groups.(fixed lens) It is an incredible camera for shooting in available light. Hand held to 1/30 second! Film is not dead ! It is alive and well. Anyone interested in exploring this topic more can find a whole new world here:

I still love and use my FZ1v2, and visit this forum often, but film is fun!

Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote