Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:15 AM   #11

Thank you very much Marco. I'd like to see more posts from you and the great Mexican lands. I love Mexico since I was younger, though I ve never been there.

This post is impressive, for your ability and also for the capability of FZ30 to catch a greatrange of colors without succumbing to the color cast of the dominant tonality.

And the place is really great;
If Iam not wrong about the nahuatl toponymmeaning it should besomething like "Cut-place" or "half-place" maybe because it is cut by theriver you mention.

That place is perhaps near the olmec site of Cerro de las Mesas.

Anyhow great images and I hope you'll go to visit Teotihuacan pyramids.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:23 AM   #12

VERY good photos.
sunstorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:50 AM   #13

I like them..... thanks for sharing
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:11 PM   #14

Excellent job,

I like the shots after the rain!

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:36 PM   #15

Excellent shots, love the peaceful feeling and colors ! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:33 PM   #16

Not a critique, just some comments (even though nicely donephotos) That is about as clean and neat as I have ever seen in a village/town, absolutely no litter!

Don't have any idea what time of day these were taken but the place looks deserted and makes me wonder where all the people are.

What area of Mexico is this town in? Far removed from any border town I would guess.

VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:41 PM   #17

South of Veracruz, in the omonym region which is on the Gulf of Mexico: near to the place where the conqueror Hernan Cortez landed.

again excellent photos

PS How much PP?
I am asking this because even resized they hold good to further sharpening etc...
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:00 AM   #18

José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:10 PM   #19

Wonderful series! The only one that I might adjust is the 4th one with it's vertical lines. The main reason it seemed so noticeable is that all the others are so straight (I'm envious of your ability to get them so spot-on!).

It's funny how different people react/like different things. I love the 4th one just as it is, it's interesting shapes and color appeal to me, and I don't find the lack of a person and a story a problem (just my opinion). I have this discussion all the time with a co-worker who is into photojournalism, while I prefer more art-like, nature pictures. There's nothing wrong with either point of view, and we spend hours discussing and learning from each other.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:57 PM   #20

Thanks all for your comments !!!. Sorry for the delay in responding, but when I was posting the pictures, my granma died, so I was out of the city for a couple of days.

tclune: It is a great sugesstion, the people in this town is so shy and me too, bad combination. I'll try to include some people or stronger subjects.

digcamfan: I haven't though about that, but I'll do it, lets see.

Narmer: Heey!! You know Nahuatl languaje better than me!, you are totally rigth. This town is very near of the Olmec area. I just pushed the button "One step photo fix" on Paint Shop Pro (clarify, sharpness and auto color balance) and resized it with IRfanview, no more PP.

VP: As Narmer said, it is 100 Km to the south of Veracruz Harbor, in the Gulf of Mexico, no any border near. The pictures were shoot during all the day. It is a very hot weather area, so everybody is in their activities (mostly agriculture) or in their homes. It is certainly very strange, but there is not many people on the streets.

Mtngal: you are rigth with the vertical lines, I didn't noticed that. I personally like the pictures with no people, but I like the comment of tclune, many paople thinks like he.

All of you, thanks very much for your comments!!!! :-)
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote