Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:31 PM   #1

When I take pictures in low light with the external flash Sunpak 383 the pictures seem to be yellow? My camera is a FZ20. When I use the on camera flash the picture looks more normal. Anyone have any help? This was happening when I was using the P mode. I believe it had 100 iso f2.8 and 1/60 shutter. I want to use the flash for sports so I want to be able to set it up with shutter priority of 1/160 or 1/200 if possible without theyellow.

What am I doing wrong to get this poor quality picture?
RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:05 PM   #2

Its all about the white balance. First of all, I think you need to put the camera in aperture priority mode, and set the camera and flash to manual. It's really the best way to ensure a good exposure. You'll need to practice a bit with using the different settings. I found the best results when using the Sunpak 383 with my FZ20, were to set white balance to flash. Then press up on the 4 way controller until you get to the white balance fine tuning option (I think it is 2 presses). Shift the white balance to the right (towards blue), anywhere from .7 to 1.5. I found this adjustment gave the best overall results for shooting indoors with the sunpak 383 (especially when bouncing off the ceiling). Maybe others have had success with other settings, but again, it all come down to white balance. Play with all the setting to see what you think looks best.

atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote