Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2006, 1:34 PM   #1

I was just looking on Ebay at batteries for the FZ5. I want to have a second battery to keep with me in case I need it. Is there anything I need to worry about when buying these batteries? They all seem to be generic non-oem batteries for around $10 + shipping. This almost seems like too good of a deal since I thought I remembered seeing them for around $40 elsewhere.

Has anyone else had problems with batteries like these?
scottdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2006, 1:42 PM   #2

i've usednon-Panasonic batteriesfor about a year, with zero problems. i have3 "generic" batteries and one OEM that came with my FZ20, and they all function the same, except thegeneric oneslast a bit longer (750 and 900 mAH vs the OEM 680). the Panasonic batteries are MUCH more expensive, but seem to offer no benefit other than the name...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 2:14 PM   #3

I am continually surprised at the deals on eBay for things such as batteries. I just bought a bunch of batteries for my cordless phones for a steal. Iimagine the retail stores have difficulty competing with someone who runs an eBay store out of their garage with zero overhead and no employees.

Ken Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 7:45 PM   #4

All fz series cameras us the same battery. (The fz30 specs indicate it needs a 730 mah battery vs 680 for the other fz's but that is not really an issue. Either will work as will 650 mah or 900 mah.)See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote