Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2006, 5:52 PM   #1

Has anyone tried to shoot a 16:9 image with there FZ30* and plug the camera into a 16:9 high definition TV to see what the image looks like? I was wondering if it looks as good as a high def tv image.
tony3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:04 AM   #2

I admit, I haven't tried it yet. However, the resolution of a 16:9 image made with the fz30 is much higher than HDTV (5.5 MP instead of 2 MP). You can take full resolution 16:9 pictures even with the fz5. So there shouldn't be any problem.
Ivan Karamasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:45 PM   #3

the camera itself doesn't have an 'HD' video output; it only provides a yellow cabled composite video signal. in order to have the image display at an equivalent (which would still be interpolated since, as the previous poster stated, an HD signal is only about 2 megapixels equivalent)to your HD TV, you would need to display it through a PC with the display settings set to the same as your HDTV (providing it has a port through which you can plug your PC into) - I'm not even sure this would work, but it would provide a sharper image than plugging your camera directly into the tv with the provided cables.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote