Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:09 PM   #11

squirl033 wrote:
looks like your camera locked in on the branch instead of the bird... he;s a little bit soft. for shots like this, especially from a distance, you might find it helpful to use spot focus, which forces the camera to focus on a much smaller area... very useful for when you want to focus on something that's only a small part of the image, or that is partly obscured or behind other objects like branches. other than that, looks like you and your FZ20 are well on your way!
Ditto and nice angle.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:21 PM   #12

Thanks Squirl033 and lovelife for the comments

I did have it on spot metering and took 3 shots this one being the better of the three.

But like you guys said the branch is more in focus then the bird. I just need to take my time. Trouble is the birds round here no when i've got my camera out. They all disappear, as soon as i put my camera away the buggers are sat there laughing at me ha haha

There are a fair few Buzzards around the farm. And guess what yeh you got it No camera and they are out and about. Get the camera and they hide. My day will come ha ha ha

Here is a pic with the standard Macro on the FZ20 when i first got the camera.

Attached Images
wadge1 is offline   Reply With Quote