Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:40 AM   #1

Has anyone bought from this company, great price, but not certain of this company, could not find themlisted with resellerratings.com. Pictures shows silver, would want black, but it doesn't show color in any descriptions or contents that come with the camera. Think I will pass and when ready will buy from someone that I am familiar with.

Just wondering anyone thoughts on this company.

yar1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:00 AM   #2

have a look here

Buydig is OK

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:04 AM   #3

go to Google and search for BBB New York or NYBBB or any phrase that will get you to the NY BBB site. There they will have customer complaints etc.. Some of the NY shops are noted for loading a sale and if you don't agree they are "out of stock" "Buyer Beware"!
reklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:15 AM   #4

Thanks for the replys must have type it in wrong when I did the search at reseller ratings, by the looks of it not a good company to deal with. Will check out buydig.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Keep forgetting to check the better business will try to remember them when checking on a company

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks again
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:17 AM   #5

I made the mistake of trying to buy a camera from these guys once. They contacted me to try to sell me a battery at inflated prices to go with the camera (their version was grey market and had nothing with it -- as far as I could see, they weren't even willing to sell it without selling me a very expensive third-party battery, etc.) I will never order anything from these guys again. I was just glad that they agreed to cancel my order without it becoming a major hassle. Apparently, not all people who cross their path are so lucky.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:10 AM   #6

It is your choice but you may want to consider spending a bit more for a lot less grief!

I recently bought an FZ30.

The vendor is topnotch. The second batt I bought with cam was dead otta da box and they have already credited my account for it.

PM me if you want the vendor.

Steve does not want us to name names of vendors though often it is done.

Get an FZ30 soon :-)
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:22 AM   #7

Thanks for the info tclune will be looking at other vendors.

Don't want to learn the hard way it's nice to have these avenues to use, makes for better consumers.

Didn't realize we were not suppose to list vendors, thanks for the heads up, will make note of it. I have the fz20 which I am very satisfied with, some nice features added to the fz30 for which I am considering. Income tax check soon, what better way to spend it :-)
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:30 PM   #8

This is an interesting read. Beware of Brooklyn !!!!:evil:

Heres the store front for J and K Photo

JMK1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:43 PM   #9

When shopping for my FZ20, I came across similiar low priced sites. Be VERY VERY VERY aware of these places. From what I found...

- Some places want to charge you for the battery charger, or sometimes even the battery that's supposed to be included! Make sure you know exactly whats in the box.

- Many can be "Gray market" items (no USA warranty)

Also........ when trying to get Circuit City to match prices, I printed off a few of those Brooklyn stores (as they are local for me here) as well as B&Hto try to get a cheaper price. The manager explained that when he called the Brooklyn store, they had no actual storefront and ran the operation out of their apartment. They did however, match the B&H price (as B&H isa reputable dealer.)

I agree with the other members, SPEND A LITTLE MORE AND SAVE THE WORRY.
smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:25 PM   #10

I actually happened to talk tobestpricecamerastoday after placing an order for a Minolta Maxxum 5D DSLR camera body which they advertised for $385. They call back to "confirm" the order, but really only to upsell you on a bunch of stuff. They take out the battery and charger, for example, and then try to sell it to you separately for "only $169." A 3-piece-filter kit (UV, polarizer, and warming filter) which should go for about $30-40 is "reduced from $699 to now only $499." They are criminals, stay away. I, of course, immediately cancelled my order.

I recommend buydig.com for a good price, hassle free service and fast, free delivery.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote