Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:12 PM   #1

For kicks, I remembered and thought to check out some of the other forums available on Steve's Digicams...

I thought that it was very revealing that, of all the available forums, Panasonic's -this one, has 7,834 topics with 63,447 postings!

The nearest next one is for Kodak at 2,495 topics and 19,987 posts...

Now I know Pany doesn't have that many models as some of the others but, to me, these numbers are impressive and confirm that there are some devout Pany owners here that really love their camera and love to share...

Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:33 PM   #2

i think it's the sharing part, more than anything else. we all seem to love discussing our experiences, sharing our photos (apparently, this forum posts far more photos than any of the others, which seem only to talk about problems or technical issues), and helping each other grow as photographers. Lord knows i've learned a TON of stuff here, and i've tried to pass on some small part of that to the newer members, as some of the "old-timers" (many of whom seem to be gone now) did for me. all that promotes discussion and i think turns us into much more of a "big happy family" than the other forums on this site. it doesn't hurt that most of us have what we believe to be the best camera available short of a DSLR!

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:36 PM   #3

I remember when I joined the forum, it was just when Panasonic hadlaunched the FZ20, 15 and... I guess 3. And there was a lot of ppl complaining about the EVF darkening issue (Do you remember that? I do every night and then - but that's not what this post is about).

Back then, the Panasonic forum was like the fourth or fifth forum in number of topics and posts.

So, either the whole discussion brought life to the forum... or many ppl bought a Lumix and like to talk about it and post their pics.

:| :| :| :|
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:03 PM   #4

There is an anomaly here. Ancient civilizations opened a porthole, through which alien intelligence transferred much of their knowledge and advanced customs. Combined good will and telepathic images directed at a focal point located somewhere in North America became scrambled and misdirected through the agp port on my motherboards computer during a furious electical storm some time ago. I happened to be browsing thru Steve's Digicams when this occured. There was a sonic boom. Panic set in. These emotional peaks joined to form one furious bolt of energy. The merger took a combined form of the two, and became...."Pani - sonic" . After being redigitized by my primitve CPU, it reentered the internet in the form of "Panasonic" and leapt thru the keyboards into the minds of the most receptive and intelligent members of the forums. Following their instincts they gathered and now communicate in the Panasonic forum.

(If you've got a better explanation, I'd be delighted to hear it.) (Calmly cleaning his fingernails, lighting his pipe...)

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:14 PM   #5

Quite of bit of knowledge and ingenuity has been shared in this forum that is not specific to just the Panasonic camera line. Granted the Panasonic camera line is impressive and the images shared here bear the burden of proof.

I have seen this forum go through changes as new come and the old ones fade and sometimes return.

The fresh ideas I have seen here is what impresses me most.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:22 PM   #6

Not only photographic skills, other talents are also shared in this forum. See Kenneth's post in this thread above, for example, and some of the postings of Hiroshi! (about Nick)
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:22 PM   #7

Long winded - YES

Really happy family- YES

Keep it going!
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:39 AM   #8

Glad I found this place!
Ken Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:52 AM   #9

I keep tabs on both Kodak and Pany, and both treat we very well. They offer me beautiful pictures, and good critiques and advice. You all are great, but sometimes you're a bit chatty :-)
Well, I like it.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:44 AM   #10

Kenneth, Opened this topic and read your post...thought I'd stumbled onto the Star Trek site by mistake! :-) Actually I really like it....although not sure what it said! Had to get up off the floor after laughing! Keep it up. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote