Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:00 AM   #1

Has anyone tested a 4GB card in their FZ30 yet?
DirtyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:00 AM   #2

The common consensus is to buy two 2 gb cards, that way, in case one goes bad, or (worse case) you lose one, you still have the other. It's cheaper (usually) for as much space. Maybe it'd be better to buy 4-1gb cards.
But no, I haven't personally tried a 4 gb
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:50 AM   #3

The user manual says the camera supports up to 2GB. You could try a 4GB one, though personally I have not seen those being sold here.
fina23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 7:27 AM   #4

2 gb is the maximum size the FZ cameras can use ...it has to do with thefile system they use. FAT16 can only support 2gb...there has been some talk of a 4gb card with 2 - 2gb partitions but I do not think that is available at this time.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 10:24 AM   #5

I bought a 1GB ATP 60x card yesterday, but before opening it todayam hoping for a little more information from someone. Is 60x sufficient to accomodate the write speed for the FZ30? Is it better to spend a little more for the ATP 150x, and does anyone have any experience with the A-data 2gb 50x card? This last card seems to be going for about half what the others cost and I am curious if there have been any good or bad reports.

wighter1 is offline   Reply With Quote