Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 12, 2006, 4:25 AM   #1

Hi all,

With the help of this website - I bought the FZ1 a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I am not an experienced photographer but wanted the zoom lens.

I am having problems taking sunset/desk pictures. I get a line in the picture. Is there anyway to avoid this. Any other hints on dusk pictures would be helpful.

I'm on an extended trip and do not have constant access to e-mail so I have not been able to research this topic.

Your help is appreciated.

In case you'd like to see some of the pictures I've taken with the camera here's the site:

victwsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:02 PM   #2

could you post examples of the problem? i don't see anything like that in the link you listed. sometimes the FZ's show a bright, vertical line caused by the sun itself, especiallyif you aim directly at it, but this usually doesn't show up in the photo. if you don't like seeing that in the display,there's not much you can do except wait till the sun is lower, and the line goes away. i've taken loads of sunset photos with my FZ20, and while some have exhibited that bright vertical line in the viewfinder, none have displayed it in the recorded image file itself. i think it's mainly a matter of overloading the capability of the EVF/LCD displays.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote