Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:19 PM   #1

I was wondering if there is a good website that I can go to to learn more about the ins and outs of the fz30 in addition to using the manual and of course just going out and shooting. Thank's.
nyjets011269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:06 PM   #2

Hi Gary,

I just ordered mine, too, about 2 a.m. yesterday (I'm upgrading from the FZ10 I've had since April 2004).

I don't know what your prior experience with cameras is, but if you already "know your stuff," photographically speaking, assuming the FZ30 is as user-friendly as the FZ10 has been, I doubt you'll really need a tutorial.

As I do with all new products, I put the owner's manual of my FZ10 beside my bed and read through it at night for a couple nights until I was all the way through it. I've never used most of the scene modes in it, preferring just to shoot usually in either program or aperature priority mode.

If I have a complaint about the FZ10, it's that it's been a bit too difficult to switch from Spot to averageing meter mode, but that's still fairly easy.

Of course I didn't answer your question, but then being a digital camera, unless you don't have a computer with a card reader and some free hard-drive space, you can experiment to your heart's content, download what you get and look at your images onscreen to see how different settings affect your pictures.

Based on my experiences with the FZ10, I think you'll be happy. Of course I wouldn't have just ordered an FZ30 if I didn't feel that way, would I?

Happy Shooting!

JeffAHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:52 PM   #3

hi guys

i own the fz30, i upgraded from an old sony dscw5. i found the camera very easy to use. i hardly had to consult the manual at all. But wen i did i did find it to be very good. i doubt you will have any trouble picking this cm up and using it. as long as u have some sort of experience with cams you should be fine

any ques ther are some ppl on this forum who own one so im sure we can all help you out

and btw the cam is awesome i have owned mine for about 3 months now an di love it.

all the best

something i have tekn with mine :?

Attached Images
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:24 PM   #4

Thank's everyone. Ona scale of 1-10 with 10 being expert I am about a 5. Glad to hear the manual is good to use and that you have had good experiences with your camera. I got mine from beach camera,ordered it very early Sunday morning about 2 am est and woke up the next morning with an e-mail saying it had been shipped already. Can't wait,best of luck.
nyjets011269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:18 AM   #5

It would be nice to have a FAQ for the FZ30 or common settings that people generally agree on.
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote