Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:51 AM   #1

Well I have been lurking on here since this past December. I was researching what camera to buy and after a few weeks of looking here and other sites I decided on the FZ5. I am pretty pleased with my choice.
Let it be known that although I find photography very interesting I am by no stretch of the imagination a photographer.
Anyway my name is Stephen, I am 21 and live in Bartlett, TN. For reference it borders Memphis.
When I started looking for a decent camera I had no idea what terms like noise, aperature, and the like meant. I now have a fair understanding of most of it.
I haven't used my camera as much as I would have liked, however on the way home the other night it was quite foggy so I decided to get my camera and snap a few pictures.

I had it on maual mode and I believe the iso was kept at 80. I also set it to around F5.0 with a shutter speed of between 1-2 seconds.

Enough rambling, here are the pics. Feel free to critique!

whatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:07 AM   #2

I definitely like the first pic, it has something mysterious.

In the third one I'd personally zoomed in more, used a longer time and a narrower aperture (F8) but it also depends from what's around there and what would have become visible (trees branches?) which might have made it even more Horror-like.

Good choice: FZ5 has no competitor for detail and color accuracy in its range (and even among better cameras: LINK)

If it had had and hot shoe and manual focus ring it'd been perfect for macros too (but it's great same way as you can see from Seemolf's and others' pics).

Welcome and post more pics

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 11:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the kind words, and the recommendations on the third picture.

I have a few pictures from a recent snow I,will look for those and post them.
whatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote