Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2006, 3:04 PM   #1

I have read the boards and still do not see any definitive answer whether the WCON-08 ( a.k.a. WCON-08E ) with the 55mm rear threads VS the WCON-08B with 62mm rear threads is more advantageous than the other from a picture standpoint.

I believe I understand the physical differences in the two:

It appears that the WCON-08/E with 55mm rear threadsis made of plastic and has no front threads. It will directlyscrew on to the FZ-30 with no adapters.

It appears that the WCON-08B with62mm rear threadsis made of metal and has 105mm front threads. It will require a 55mm - 62mm step up ring.

Is the above information correct? If so, the point of my question is to find outwhether there is any actual pictureadvantage to usingthe 55mm rear thread lens VS the 62mm rear thread lens. I am not concerned with plastic VS metal or having to use an adapter.According to CK Shene, the rear lens size must be different between the 55mm and 62mm thread versions.

Based on what I have been reading,I think LoveLife has tested both of these lenses with the 55mm and 62mm threads and I am hoping for some feedback from him.

Thanks for any help!

Zake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links