Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:41 AM   #1

Hi Everyone,
I just got off the phone from talking to Harriet - Bentleysmom. She is being released today from the hospital and is currently in remission. She is not out of the woods yet. She is coming home to rest up for the biggest battle yet to come.
The doctor told her this week she has the worst kind of leukemia. They are not sure what the plan of action will be, either bone marrow transplant, stem cell and /or more rounds of Chemo. They maysend her to another hospital where they are more qualified to treat this type of cancer.
They told her with thepurposed treatment she has at least a 30% chance of making it. Her words, "With the Lords help, that is a 100% chance inmy book". She is ready to do battle but feelseverything isin the Lords hands.
She is really excited to come home and see her doggies. She has missed them so much. Again she thanked you all for the cards, thoughts, and prayers. Please continue to pray for her recovery, strength to fight,and for the medical team that is working on her behalf.
If you are a believer, I am asking that you pray continuously and to please pass her name onto your prayer groups. Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 18:19"Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." If it is God's will Harriet will be cured.
bsinsley40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 2:48 PM   #2

Great to hear you'reback home and many thanks for the update! Keep in mind that, while the current prognosis may not be the best one would hope for, they're all just an educated, statisticalguess. In my circumstances, my first medical oncologist said that, with my two, unrelatedStage IV cancers (Colon/Tonsilar), I had "...6-months, a year if you're lucky..." prognosis. That was in May, 2001...

Keep the faith and your strength up!
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 2:56 PM   #3

thanks for the update, Barb... and do pass on to Harrietmy continued best wishes for a full and speedy recovery! she'll be in my prayers...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 7:51 AM   #4

I can't add anything more that what already been said - send her my love and best wishes!

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 7:51 PM   #5

We in our house wish and pray for your recovery, B's mom....best regards,

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:47 PM   #6

My prayers are with her..and please tell her that we are praying for her...

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 3:18 PM   #7

Please pass on my best wishes and prayers for Harriet's recovery.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:30 AM   #8

Ourhearts and prayers are with Harriet and family in such a trying time .

Her faith shall carry her through " Prayers of the righteous availeth much"

I pray that God the father and the son rain healing power over her body and deliver her from her affliction completely and fully ,forever as she journeys through life amen .

God Bless
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 7:52 PM   #9

In the late spring of 1967, my parents were told, that at best , my odds were 50/50 in surving my cancer.
John H is offline   Reply With Quote