Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:40 AM   #1

Hello all,

Just having bought the FZ30 and only taken a few indoor shots for now, I have seen so many images on this forum and comments on how to improve the pics afterwards things like 'noise and color correction etc', can anyone point me in the right direction as to just what is the best image software to help in post-image manipulation ? there does seem a lot of image applications to choose from.

Also regarding close up shots, am I right in saying that the FZ30 accepts a 'add-on' Macro lens ? or other lenses ? I would like to try this element of photography perhaps at a later date, especially Macro and a shot of the moon or two,

Love the forum here in the UK,

Baskerville. (Hello to Raymond if he sees this!)
Baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2006, 1:36 PM   #2

To answer the macro a Mcon40 or a Nikon4T would be good choices but not the only ones.....And for the telephoto the Tcon17 is a good match for the FZ30...

For the software Irfanview (free) along with all its plugins will do most editing

for the best Photo editor its Photoshop and for a couple other good ones Paintshop pro or Elements4 and again there are others.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:36 PM   #3

Many thanks for the info, these lenses must simply screw onto the front thread or are they on a adapter of some sort ? and are they expensive and do they add and not detract from the quality of the leica lens of the FZ ?

Thanks again, much obliged to you,

Baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:40 PM   #4

This one is free and apparently very complete (some people compare it to Photoshop), with Curves, Layer masks, channels and such...

I must admit that I myself haven't tried it yet

José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:06 PM   #5

Try XnView, i've been using this for a couple of years now and I'm still satisfied. It's free also.

vdbjg is offline   Reply With Quote