Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:41 PM   #1

Ok I finally got the DMC-FX01 after hearing all the rave reviews of camera PLUS video function... and so far I am not disappointed... BUT!

When recording video... the focus is preset to the initial frame and does not try and re-acquire focus if the subject moves to a new focus range!

So if I am recording a baby at 1 feet away... and he crawls to 6 feet away he is out of focus!

I have to stop recording and re-focus the first frame then start recording video again and hope the subject does not move again?

I have searched all the AutoFocus functions and there is no continuous focus mode... am I wrong?

Other digicams always re-focus automatically especially in movie mode because the subject matter is typically MOVING!... sometimes it is annoying in low light as the autofocus "pumps" trying to get a good focus... but the Lumix does not!

This is a bad feature... is there a solution?

Steve should also post this as a PROBLEM in his reviews.
colonels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:16 PM   #2

With the FZ cameras Continuous AF need to be turned on ..but I am not sure about your camera.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:47 PM   #3

It may be bad but it clearly states on pg 56 that focus, zoom, and aperture values are fixed to the setting when recording starts. And they ain't gonna change it.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote