Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:29 AM   #1

I was hoping for a brighter day for my trip down to the local lakes,unfortunately It was a very dull day. I'm getting so inpatient waiting for the sunny days to come, I keep taking photos of everything I can hoping to get a nice bright photo (I will have to keep practicingtaking photos with theweather as it is) Roll on summer!!!

Anyway this is the oldest pub in England (so i've been told)

And yes I did go in for a quick one!!

Ye Old Fighting Cocks Inn.

Situated in Abbey Mill Lane adjacent to Verulamium Park and dating back to the 11th Century this is probably the best known pub in Hertfordshire.

The octagonal building was originally a timber framed pigeon house which stood close to St Albans Abbey but after the dissolution of the Abbey, in 1539, it was dismantled and rebuilt on its present site on the banks of the River Ver.

It was known as the Round House until the 1800s when it was renamed. Cock fighting was a popular pastime until it was made illegal in 1849.

The foundations on which this building was re-erected actually date from around 793 A.D.
Attached Images
lello is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:31 AM   #2

Begs to see whats inside.

Overcast days produce less contrast with less dynamic range. Colors are not washed out as badly. You can always warm it up.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote