Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:35 PM   #1

I'm lazy. It took me a long time to learn to use the manual settings on my FZ20, buteventually learned to use them almost exclusively. As to indoor flash, I never got past using the green auto-settings on the Sunpak 383.Was always pleased, though notbowled over by the results.

The other day, was shooting some indoor pics with my new FZ30.I inadvertently (i.e., not on purpose) used the yellow setting on the Sunpak 383 and ..... WOW!!! Much more light! Literally, a night and day difference!

I was wondering, what settings do others typically use with Sunpak 383 and what results have you had?
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:09 AM   #2

I typically leave mine on yellow. Yellow is for F4, and that's what the camera locks in when the Ext Flash is set to auto. If I need more light, I'll switch to red for a moment, and for less, I go with green. Another thing I love is my Sto-fen OmniBounce at 90°, which gets shots like this:

Straight from camera (FZ30), S383+Omnibounce pointed at white 8' ceiling, yellow auto setting, white balance set to flash, warmed to compensate for blue light reflected from walls.

ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote