Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:20 PM   #1

I am just begining to get a grip of my panasonic fz 7. once already i simply attached it to my computer & w/o downloading its software yet i was able to get the photos to my computer.

ok so today i wanted to repeat what i had done yesterday so i connected my camera to computer & downloaded the photos. however once i un attached my camera from computer there were no longer any images on my sd card in my camera.

what in the world did i do to have them disappear? i was planning to take the sd card to get a few printed off today. but now they're only in my computer????
Tinkerbell 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:42 PM   #2

Usually such programs ask, in the uploading window, the following question with a check box:

"Erase the uploaded photos from the card"

This command box is usually checked as default. You should've unchecked it before uploading imo.

You can load the photos to a USB Flash memory and take to the print off.
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:01 PM   #3

Suggest you buy a USB 2.0 card reader. They are very inexpensive and very simple to use.

Attach the card reader to your computer using the USB connection, plug in your card and Voila. Or on the short ones plug in your SD card to the reader and then plug the reader into a USB port.

Windows recognizes the card reader and one of the originally installed Windows programs will come up and ask you what you want to do with the pictures.

mlhm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:37 PM   #4

Most cameras -- certainly the Panasonics -- don't need any special software to download to the computer, and you either leave them on the camera (copy) or erase them (move) in exactly the same way you would shift files around on the computer.

When you plug the camera into USB and it's recognised by the computer, just go to the directory on the card and select (highlight) the pix you wish to copy or move, hit CTRL S (copy) or CTRL X (move), bring up the destination directory on the computer and hit CTRL V.

You can also drag & drop them if you wish.

It works in exactly the same way as the now almost universal flash drives (because that's what it actually is -- if you want to, you can use your camera to transfer files between computers.)

FWIW, I don't have any of the Panasonic software installed -- what came with my LC40 turned me off it, and the FZ20 stuff didn't look that much better.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote