Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:12 PM   #1

I am in the market for a digital camera and finally I narrowed down my choice to the newly released Panasonic DMC-TZ1. There's only one problem with this, the camera is not currently available in the market.

All press release indicates that it is to be released in March. We are in the last week of March and nobody seems to have this in stock. Amazon indicates that the camera will be available in May. I am planning a trip in April-end, so May is too late for me.

Does anybody have any idea on when this camera would hit the US market?
cherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2006, 6:17 PM   #2

It is available at Circuit City now for around $335. They also have 18 months no interest financing. They only have the silver one right now, the black one is not available yet. I plan on picking one up this week. I figure with no interest I might as well. I wanted something to replace my 3 year old 5X zoom pentax. The only thing I'm leary about is the lens cap. I haven't owned a camera that used a lens cap in over 12 years.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:42 AM   #3

Arrow's right - theres already a couple of people over at dpriew that have picked up the TZ1 from CC.

I'm waiting for the reviews on TZ1 so we can see what difference the Venus III has made.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote